Sunday 27 October 2013

Back in London..

Hello again!
I'm back in London again - this time for just over a week! College half term starts on Monday, so I was always planning to come down for the week - luckily manage to get an extra few days though as college finished earlier than I thought it would. Yay! I've been wanting to get a better feel for it as a place - the last weekend I was here I honestly couldn't get over how big everything was (and just a little bit scary!) so I'm kind of hoping that this week will help familiarise it... And make everything less daunting!

View from the cable car & the wrist band.. Not managed to take it of yet!

For the first night in London, we went to the Emirates airlines cable car over the river Thames - it was a complete surprise! Nick refused to give me any clues to his plans - except for an ominous "heights dot bother you, do they?" I was slightly worried! It was amazing, though - a bit windy, so the booth rocked a fair bit (which wouldn't have been so fun for anyone who doesn't get along with heights / dangling above a large river) and Nick started feeling a little sickly, but other than that it was incredible. 


So high up! Can just about see me and Nick in the window reflection as well... Got my pinky stuck out, haha!


Then a [fake] candlelit dinner at Pizza Express in the O2. We managed to get two pizzas and dough balls for free with some vouchers Nick got from work - £45 saving! The waiter looked genuinely crestfallen when we handed them over, was a little bit heartbreaking aha! Nevertheless it was a beaut meal, the pizzas were yum - and we learned of the existence of fake tea lights, which was entertainment in its own way.. :') 

 
Dolcetti desserts and coffee at Pizza Express... YUM! Mine is the top one (latte with mini chocolate fudge cake - no surprises there) and the bottom is Nick's (mocha with a cafe reale - can't really remember what it was but it tasted like Christmas.)


 
Also, as a side-update (or something like that?!) I finally took the plunge and got my nose pierced on Friday, at the Owl and Pussycat piercing in Sheffield. Apparently I have tough nostrils? It was a pain (literally) having the bloody thing done, since the needle didn't manage to go straight through - which complicated things a little more! I should have known my schnoz would put up a fight - it's the family nose, you see, so it's probably not particularly happy that I decided to stick sharp objects through it. I like it, though!


No comments :

Post a Comment