Tuesday 19 November 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Just got back from another lovely (but cold) weekend in London! Was a bit of a mess getting down there on Friday night as I managed to miss my coach (finished late at college and my train home was delayed - grr!) and had to rebook for later one in the evening which then managed to be just over an hour late getting into Sheffield, leaving me sat sniffling - I have a pretty nasty cold at the moment - in the waiting room at Meadowhell interchange all on my onesie. I did eventually get there, though! 

Not going to lie - part of the reason I wanted to go to London this weekend (it might not have been totally just to see Nick - sorry!) was to have a look at the christmas decor.. Aside from the sheer madness of Oxford Street, it was pretty stunning! 

Selfidges - it was never going to be anything but extravagant, was it?
Giant perfume bottle.. Guess the price tag of that bugger!

Going up the escalators.. Was genuinely so excited at this point - I must have looked a right idiot gawping at everything! 

Santa, taking refuge from the extreme price tags in a conveniently placed phone box.

I wanted to take all these cuties home.. Nick bonded with the little wolf as well - not quite as bah humbug after all, aha!

Pretty decorations that I wish I could afford...

...But definitely can't! 

Words can't accurately explain how much fun I had with this stuff.. Thinking of getting some to put along Nick's windowsill so that inside of pools of water from the condensation we'll have pretty snow instead! Perhaps not the wisest of ideas, but a fun one at the very least...

Had a minor fangirl moment over the Illamasqua counter!

Cute Christmas sweet treats! It was around this point that I hatched my plan to hide in the toilets and just live in Selfidges forever and ever - unfortunately, Nick didn't reckon much to it.

Light snacks....?!

Some more Oxford Street decor - this time House of Fraser and John Lewis to the right (just out of shot). They were honestly like a pair of competitive neighbours with their christmas lights! 

One of my favourite window displays - Accessorize. I adored those little reindeer. So cute!

Boots' decorations were also amazing - and very, very big! 

 On the way home from the tube we passed this pretty suspect building.. with the cutest sign outside! Think the building itself is full of squatters - but, hey, at least they're complimentary!

I like you too, chair.




No comments :

Post a Comment